Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Steaming couscous with a can of chopped tomatoes adds flavor and color without any extra work.
- Combine artichokes and liquid, tofu, cumin, and 3/4 tsp. pepper in nonstick skillet. Cook over high heat 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Transfer to bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, leeks, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender and leeks are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, bring tomatoes and liquid and 2/3 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- Add garlic and reserved tofu mixture to vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, or until heated through and garlic is fragrant. Serve tofu and vegetables over tomato couscous.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 372
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 310 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g