Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- In medium saucepan, combine lentils and 3 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until lentils are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
- While lentils are cooking, preapre crepes. In large bowl, whisk together egg whites and soy milk until well combined. Whisk in honey, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, sugar and scallions. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over low heat. Brush with a little vegetable oil. When pan is hot, pour 3 tablespoons batter into center of pan and quickly rotate pan to spread batter evenly. Cook until holes appear on top and underside is light golden brown, about 1 minute. Turn crepe; cook 1 minute more. Transfer to platter or sheet of waxed paper; do not stack. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 crepes, brushing pan with more vegetable oil between batches. Set aside.
- In small nonstick skillet, cook sesame seeds over low heat, stirring often, until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice, cornstarch and remaining 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil; add to sesame seeds. Return skillet to medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Immediately pour mixture over lentils; stir to combine.
- Fill each crepe with 1/4 cup lentil mixture, roll up and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 315
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 594 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g