Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Chinese wheat noodles add an interesting variation to a pasta salad.
- Line baking dish with plastic wrap. Cut tofu in half crosswise, then holding knife parallel to work surface, split each piece in half horizontally.
- Place in baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place plate on top and weigh down with several cans. Refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes to press out excess moisture.
- Prepare marinade in shallow glass bowl. 4. Remove tofu pieces from baking dish and blot tofu dry with paper towel; discard liquid. Place tofu in bowl with marinade; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours or for up to one day, turning occasionally.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- When water boils, add noodles, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook noodles until tender according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Transfer noodles to bowl.
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes. Drain, rinse broccoli under cold running water, and drain again.
- Add broccoli to bowl with noodles.
- To make dressing, in food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a hot charcoal fire.
- Remove tofu from marinade.
- Grill tofu, basting occasionally with marinade, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with noodles and broccoli.
- Transfer mixture to serving platter.
- Arrange tofu on top and sprinkle mixture with scallions.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 570
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 1010 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g