This sauce is delicious drizzled over tofu, salad, cooked soba noodles or steamed or grilled vegetables.
- 4 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup light silken tofu or soy mayo
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs. mirin
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- Make dressing: In small skillet over medium heat, lightly toast sesame seeds until golden brown. Transfer seeds to small dish to cool.
- In food processor fitted with metal blade, puree tofu and toasted sesame seeds. Add oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and 1 tablespoon water and blend until creamy. Use right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature and stir well before using.