Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Shaving asparagus with a vegetable peeler yields long tendrils that don’t need to be cooked. Here, the strands are tossed with a citrusy vinaigrette.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place hazelnuts on baking sheet, and toast 15 minutes,or until skins darken and split. Rub nuts between two towels until skins come off. Cool, then coarsely chop.
2. Whisk together shallot, vinegar, tarragon, orange zest, and mustard in bowl. Whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Peel asparagus into long, thin strands with peeler. Toss with greens in bowl.
4. Peel oranges with knife, removing white pith. Slice between membranes, and cut orange segments directly into salad, letting juice drip into bowl. Toss salad with hazelnuts and 3 Tbs. dressing. Serve remaining dressing on side.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 115
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g