Make twice the food by saving your broccoli stalks to make this fresh and delicious salad.
- Makes 2 servings.Servings
- Leaves and stalks from 1 bunch broccoli (about 3 stalks), cut into flat-sided batons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
1. Place the broccoli batons flat on a cutting board, then use a sharp vegetable peeler to shave the broccoli into paper-thin strips.
2. Place the shaved broccoli and leaves in a medium bowl, and toss with the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in the cheese, and serve immediately.
Tip: Use fresh broccoli. To cut stalks, remove the leaves, trim the ends, and then remove the thick outer layer with four long knife cuts.
More: Learn about root-to-stalk cooking in Humble Root.