Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Shiitake mushrooms are packed with B vitamins and have the power to fight cancer cells, cardiovascular disease, and infections. This mushroom stir fry with tofu and Bok Choy is an easy — and delicious — way to incorporate them into your diet. The dish is totally plant-based and takes just minutes to make. You’re going to put this one on repeat, we just know it.
Shiitake Mushroom Stir Fry with Tofu and Bok Choy
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tsp. water in bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, ginger, chili sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Heat 1 Tbs. canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry tofu 7 minutes, or until golden brown; transfer to plate. Add 1 Tbs. oil to pan. Stir-fry bok choy 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to pan. Stir-fry mushrooms 2 minutes, or until tender. Return tofu and bok choy to pan.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute, or until hot.
- Calories 267
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 396 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g