- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 3 cups cooked or canned soybeans, rinsed and drained if canned
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower or other light oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrots
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked millet
- 2 cups quick (not instant) rolled oats
- Additional light oil for browning
- In food processor, combine soybeans, tamari, oil, cayenne and garlic. Process until smooth, then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except additional oil) in order listed, mixing well with each addition.
- In large skillet, heat thin layer of oil or cooking spray over medium-high heat. Scoop out about a peach-size amount of bean mixture and shape into a patty (wet hands as necessary so they don’t stick) and place each patty into hot oil. Brown on one side, then turn and brown other side 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 355
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 415 mg