When shopping for pesto, choose refrigerated tubs instead of cans or jars; they have the most flavor and the least sodium.
- 8 oz. chilled pizza dough (1/2 of 16-oz. pkg.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. prepared refrigerator pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisutre part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Set rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 500F.
- Stretch dough into 10-inch round. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over high heat. Cook dough round 3 minutes, or until brown and crisp on bottom. Turn dough over in skillet using 2 spatulas. Remove from heat.
- Spread 2 Tbs. pesto over crust in skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with dollops of ricotta, spaced well apart. Set zucchini rounds around ricotta.
- Place skillet in oven; bake pizza 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Spoon remaining pesto over zucchini rounds, and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Cut into 4 wedges, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 252
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 394 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g