- 1 cup low-fat milk or soy milk
- 2 to 3 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 6 scallions or other green spring onions (such as ramps or Egyptian onion), thinly sliced
- 4 large potatoes, prebaked or microwaved in their skins
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups packaged shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and coarsely mash them.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrots and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted. Add scallions and cook, uncovered, until cabbage begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes. If skillet becomes dry, add small amounts of additional water as needed.
- Add potatoes and milk and stir well. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook without stirring until bottom of mixture is nicely browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 301
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 63 mg