Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Skillet roasting caramelizes vegetables, bringing out all their inherent sweetness. Top your wrap with chunky salsa and soy sour cream for a rich-tasting treat.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Wrap tortillas in foil and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on high 30 to 60 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat until almost smoking. Add eggplant, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in taco sauce, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, divide vegetable mixture among tortillas, using about 2 Tbs. per tortilla. Top with additional taco sauce and a dollop of sour cream if desired. Roll tortillas around filling ingredients.
- Note: Older, large eggplants might need to be salted and rinsed before cooking to remove bitterness and excess moisture. To salt eggplant, sliced eggplant and salt both sides of slices. Lay sliced on baking sheet lined with paper towels. Let slices sit 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse and pat dry. Younger, smaller eggplants usually do not require salting.
- Serving Size Makes 12 wraps
- Calories 102
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 15 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g