- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, well-drained and crumbled or diced
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Burger buns, rolls or bagels, split and toasted
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and soy sauce and cook, stirring often, until tofu begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin until well mixed. Cook, stirring, until heated through and flavors are well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over toasted buns and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 273 mg