- 1 lb. small red-skin potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put potatoes in a medium saucepan of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well, reserving some of the liquid. Return potatoes to pan. Smash with a potato masher until fairly smooth, adding a little reserved water if needed. Add basil, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 83
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 157 mg