Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If tostadas are too fragile to transport, skip step 1 and wrap filling in tortillas.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange on baking sheet, and toast 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add beans, paprika, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 2 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in chard, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture in center of each tortilla. Top with 1 cup greens and 1/4 cup salsa, if using. Sprinkle with queso fresco, cilantro, and dollop of sour cream, if using.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 67 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 689 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g