Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These sausages were a hit among VT’s vegan staffers, who loved the idea of homemade veggie links. They’re a snap to make in a two-layer bamboo steamer.
1. Prepare bamboo steamer, and lay out 25 sheets of foil, each about 5 inches square.
2. Mash beans with fork in bowl until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Roll walnut-sized pieces of bean mixture into small links (they need not be perfect). Wrap each link in foil, and twist both ends so it looks like Tootsie Roll.
4. Place wrapped links in steamer, cover, and steam 30 minutes. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until
ready to use. Warm gently in oven or toaster oven 8 to 10 minutes if not serving immediately.
- Serving Size Makes 24 links
- Calories 52
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 63 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g