Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A lively salad of peppery watercress, crunchy jicama and cool cucumber is a refreshing contrast to earthy-tasting soba noodles. Green tea adds a subtle background flavor to this salad and reduces the amount of soy sauce needed in the dressing.
- Bring large pot water to a boil.
- Make dressing: In medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside. (Dressing can be made up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated.)
- Drop noodles into boiling water; stir to prevent sticking. Cook until just tender, 31⁄2 to 41⁄2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again, shaking colander. Transfer to large bowl, drizzle with 2 teaspoons sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Add half of the reserved dressing to noodles and toss to coat. In large shallow serving bowl, combine watercress, jicama, cucumbers and scallions. Add remaining dressing and toss to coat. Push watercress salad to perimeter of bowl. Mound noodles in center of bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size 4 to 6 Servings
- Calories 228
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 581 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g