- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 16-oz. can spicy fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, reduced-fat if desired, or soy cheese
- Salsa for topping (optional)
- Plain low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in oven.
- In large saucepan, combine water and bell pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat, 2 minutes. Add corn, green onions, jalapeño pepper and refried beans. Stir gently until mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from oven. Spread some of the filling on one half of each tortilla, then sprinkle with a small amount of cheese. Fold over and arrange on individual plates. Top with salsa and yogurt if desired.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 Servings
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 455 mg