Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Edible containers such as red peppers make elegant individual servings. Here, the Curried Vegetable Sauté recipe gets jazzed up with spices to give it authentic flavor—with no extra work.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice tops from peppers. Remove seeds, and set peppers and caps aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander, salt and cayenne pepper 6 minutes, or until onion begins to brown. Stir in cabbage, potato, chickpeas, raisins, ginger and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook vegetables 10 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally. Fold in cilantro and cashews.
- Spoon filling into peppers and place caps on top. Place peppers in 9×7-inch baking dish. Pour 1 inch water into dish. Cover with foil, and bake 50 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Place yogurt in small bowl and stir in chutney. Arrange peppers on individual plates, and serve with yogurt sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 297
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 402 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g