For authentic flavor, use sambal oelek (a mixture usually made of chiles, brown sugar and salt found in most ethnic groceries) in place of hot chili sauce.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. flat rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbs. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. hot chili sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 8-oz. pkg. seasoned baked tofu, drained, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in large nonstick skillet. Add noodles, stir to separate, then cover and remove from heat. Let stand 6 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together teriyaki sauce, 2 Tbs. hot water, peanut butter and chili sauce in small bowl.
- Wipe out skillet, add sesame oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add snow peas and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add tofu, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add teriyaki mixture and cook 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add noodles, and gently toss with fork 2 to 3 minutes, or until noodles are coated with sauce and heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve hot with lime wedges.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 355
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 377 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g