Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This recipe makes about 18 cookies.
- To make Southern Peaches: Slice peaches, and put slices into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle slices with sugar, salt and lemon juice. Set aside, covered, at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter a large baking sheet, and set aside.
- To make Pecan Shortbread: Cream butter, flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl, using an electric beater, until dough is smooth and creamy. Add vanilla, and beat again. Stir in pecans. Pinch off a piece of dough, and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place on cookie sheet, and press flat with tines of a fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies until golden but not brown, for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and, while still warm, sprinkle both sides with sugar. Set aside to cool.
- To make Soft Whipped Cream: Put all ingredients into a chilled mixing bowl. Whip just until cream forms soft peaks, taking care not to overwhip. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon portions of cut-up peaches on individual plates, place 2 cookies next to peaches and top with Soft Whipped Cream, if using.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 630
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 38 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 20 g
- Sodium Content 250 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g