This zesty pie captures the beloved flavors of the Southwest.
- 1 12- to 14-inch pizza crust
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. taco-seasoned soy “ground meat”
- 5 fresh tomatillos, thinly sliced
- 1 cups salsa, or more as desired
- 1 2 1/4-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled taco chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saut8E “ground meat” for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Layer tomatillo slices on crust, and top with “ground meat.” Add salsa, olives and cheddar cheese, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with avocado slices, cilantro leaves and taco chips and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 26 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 940 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g