30 minutes or fewer
A colorful, festive salad that capitalizes on the power of soy, this dish makes an ideal brunch or lunch served with plenty of hot tortillas. If you make this guacamole ahead, refrigerate it in a tightly sealed container.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup, loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup soy nuts
- 1/2 cup canned white soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbs.)
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, cored and seeded
- Scoop avocados into large bowl, and mash well with fork. Stir in green onions, soy nuts, soybeans, onion, lemon juice, coriander and chili powder. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Fill pepper halves with avocado mixture, arrange on platter or individual plates, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4 (makes about 2 1/2 cups)
- Calories: 314
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 202 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g