Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
In Spain, a tortilla is an open-faced omelet made with onions and sliced
potatoes and served as a tapa (appetizer) or as a light dinner. For extra zing, serve this loaf with purchased salsa.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, and sauté 5 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Add onion, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in red pepper slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and transfer to loaf pan.
- Pour eggs evenly over potato mixture.
- Set loaf pan in large roasting pan, and place on middle rack of oven. Pour hot water into roasting pan until it reaches halfway up loaf pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until eggs are set. Slice and serve immediately, or let sit 20 minutes, then unmold and slice.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 184
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 142 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 317 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g