This recipe originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine. For more dessert recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup heavy cream (Try: Organic Valley Pasteurized Heavy Whipping Cream)
- 1 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 8 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (Try: Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 3/4 tsp organic unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted pecans
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tsp whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high, beat together 1 cup cream and 1 cup yogurt into soft peaks, about 5 minutes. Add 3 tbsp maple syrup and mix thoroughly. Using a double boiler on low, melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, fine salt and cayenne (if using) and stir. Allow to cool slightly (you can leave chocolate mixture in the double boiler off the heat), then gently fold into whipped cream mixture until blended. Spoon into individual ramekins and transfer to fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight to set.
2. Prepare candied pecans: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add honey, stirring constantly until blended. Turn off heat, add pecans and stir to coat. Spread onto sheet and transfer to oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with coarse salt. Cool to room temperature, then transfer to a covered container until ready to serve.
3. Meanwhile, prepare whipped topping: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high, beat together 2/3 cup cream and 4 tsp yogurt into soft peaks, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and beat until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top mousse with whipped topping and sprinkle with pecans.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 371
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 61 mg
- Fat Content: 31 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17 g
- Sodium Content: 114 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g