Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Pomegranate molasses, a thick fruit syrup found in Middle Eastern markets, brings sweetness to this meltingly tender eggplant stew. Serve over brown rice.
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add onions, allspice, cinnamon, and Aleppo pepper, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are soft. Stir in sliced eggplants, chickpeas, tomatoes with their juice, and pomegranate molasses, coating them well with onions and spices.
2. Close pressure cooker, and bring up to high pressure. Cook 6 minutes.
3. Release pressure with quick-release button, or transfer pressure cooker to sink, and run cool water over rim to release pressure.
4. Season stew with salt and pepper, if desired. Transfer to serving bowl, and sprinkle with feta, then mint and pomegranate seeds.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 193
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 343 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g