Put this healthy cranberry sauce on your holiday menu, without added sugar.
- Makes 6 servings.Servings
- 1 organic organge
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
1. Zest about half the orange and reserve the zest. Cut the ends off the orange, then cut away the peel and outer membrane of fruit in wide strips. Holding the orange over a bowl to catch the juice, cut between the inner membranes and fruit to release the segments into the bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the orange segments (including any juice), cranberries, dates, and ginger.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is thick. Stir in the orange zest, and refrigerate until ready to serve.