Not only do these peaches look stunning in their jar, but they are also delicious served plain or topped with a raspberry sauce.
- In large nonreactive pan, combine sugar and vinegar over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Tie lemon peel, cloves and allspice into a square of cheesecloth. Add peaches and simmer just until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove peaches carefully with a slotted spoon and arrange in warmed sterilized jars. Boil sugar until thickened , about 10 minutes, and then pour over peaches.
- Add lemon rind, cloves and cinnamon stick to jar for decoration. When cool, seal jars. Store up to 2 months.
- Serving Size Makes 16 servings
- Calories 72
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g