Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Very simple, very good! These onion-flecked mashed potatoes are a cut above the usual and make a fantastic change-of pace-dinner entree.
MEAL PLAN: Partner the potatoes with tempeh cutletssaute tempeh slices in a little olive oil and soy sauce until sizzling and golden. You can also toss up a mixed green salad for a cooling flavor contrast.
- Pierce potatoes several times with knife, then wrap in paper towels. Microwave on high until easily pierced, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done, cool just enough so that they can be handled. Peel potatoes, then transfer to large serving bowl and coarsely mash. Stir in sauteed onion along with remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste and serve.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 213
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g