Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
One serving of this crunchy salad provides more than half the recommended DV of magnesium. To make it vegan, simply replace the eggs with 4 ounces of chopped baked tofu.
1. To make Salad: Coat small skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Pour eggs in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until firmly set. Transfer omelet to cutting board to cool.
2. Stack 5 or 6 spinach leaves, and roll stack lengthwise into tight cylinder. Cut crosswise in fine slices. Repeat with remaining spinach leaves. Transfer to large bowl, and set aside.
3. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Chop omelet into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to spinach in bowl along with bean sprouts, carrots, pumpkin seeds, green onions, and mint leaves. Add Dressing, and toss to coat.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 187
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g