Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You’ll love this version of a Vietnamese street-food sandwich favorite. Fill with baked tofu, or substitute 1 cup leftover fried tofu cubes from the Stir-fried Tofu Bento Box.
1. Combine vinegar, honey, and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Add daikon radish and carrot, and stir to mix. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baguette on baking sheet, and crisp 5 minutes in oven. Cool 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Spread mayonnaise on both sides of bread. Sprinkle with red chile sauce and tamari. Fill with tofu, cucumber, and cilantro. Drain carrot-radish mixture, and spread on sandwich. Top with tomatoes and lettuce, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Press top half of baguette on sandwich, and slice sandwich in half.
- Serving Size Makes 1 large sandwich
- Calories 331
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 722 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g