Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Use this for the Seitan Barbecue Sandwiches or on veggie burgers and dogs.
- In small bowl, mix seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Stir in seasoning mix, chipotle chile, tomato paste and 1 cup water and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Transfer tomato mixture to blender or food processor and process until onion begins to break down, 30 to 60 seconds. Add lime juice, orange juice, tamari, mustard, horseradish, hot pepper sauce, syrup, vinegar and liquid smoke. Process until smooth.
- Transfer barbecue sauce to airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size 2 Cups
- Calories 67
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 719 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g