The combination of crispy potatoes and spicy tomato sauce makes this appetizer simply irresistible. If you prefer less heat, use one jalapeño pepper instead of two.
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. can peeled plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer potatoes and any oil remaining in skillet to baking dish, and bake until crisp and tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- In same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer potatoes to serving bowl. Add tomato mixture, and toss to coat. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 16 Servings
- Calories: 94
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 72 mg