Who needs to buy those expensive flat bread crackers when it is so easy to make your own? Lavash is an Armenian flat bread that is more tender and pliable than pita when fresh, but crisps up like crackers when baked. If you don’t like the strong “rye-bread” flavor of caraway seeds, try the recipe with whole cumin seeds, sesame seeds, or chopped, fresh rosemary.
- 2 pieces lavash (8 x 5 inches)
- 3/4 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place lavash on baking sheets in single layer. Coat with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan in even layer over lavash, then top with poppy seeds, caraway, and red pepper flakes. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Cool 10 minutes, then break into pieces.
- Serving Size: Makes 25 crackers
- Calories: 10
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 14 mg