Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These can be entrées or side dishes. For a variation, roast, seed and peel peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Prick sweet potatoes and place in prepared pan. Bake for about 11/2 hours or until soft in center. Remove from oven, but leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, seed and dice peppers and set aside. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; alternatively, make slit down center but not through skin, leaving thin wall of flesh to retain shape. Scoop out flesh from potato, either half or whole. Place jackets back on baking sheet
- Using fork, mash potato flesh, leaving it chunky, with butter, cumin and salt to taste. Scoop mixture back into potato jackets, distributing mixture evenly. Sprinkle stuffed potatoes with cheese and peppers, reserving some peppers for final garnish. Bake in oven until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream with lime juice and set aside. Garnish with remaining peppers, onions, fresh coriander and lime-flavored sour cream. Serve hot.
This recipe mostly calls for Chardonnay, but the high presence of lime and fresh coriander might pose a conflict, so go for one that is leaner rather than one that is full-bodied and woody. Try Chablis A.O.C. Corine Perchaud.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 550
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 100 mg
- Fat Content 37 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 22 g
- Sodium Content 350 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g