You can mix and match the vegetables in the dish to your liking.The accompanying sauce,called raita, is a cooling,yogurt-based dish commonly served with Indian meals.
- Preheat broiler. In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add curry powder, red pepper flakes and a little salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange vegetables on broiler pan and brush with seasoned oil. Broil vegetables until beginning to brown,12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, make raita. In serving bowl, whisk yogurt and honey until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Make pancakes. In large bowl, mix flour and salt. Beat eggs well, then add to flour. Continue mixing and gradually stir in milk. Add chilies, cumin and cilantro, and mix well.Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- In large nonstick skillet,heat 1/2 tsp.but-ter over medium heat.Pour in about one-quarter of batter, tilting pan so batter spreads evenly.When bubbles begin to appear on top of pancake,flip it over with a spatula and cook for about 1 minute on the other side.Transfer pancake to plate and keep warm.Cook remaining pancakes as directed.
- To serve,roll vegetables in each pancake, and serve with any remaining vegetables and raita.
- Serving Size 4 SERVINGS
- Calories 470
- Carbohydrate Content 70 g
- Cholesterol Content 170 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g