Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This is a savory, supper-worthy sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wipe tops of mushroom caps. Using spoon, remove gills from inside caps, and discard. Cut caps in quarters, and thinly slice.
- Toast pine nuts in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer pine nuts to bowl.
- Heat 1/2 Tbs. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and green onions, and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mushroom mixture to large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 Tbs. oil to skillet, and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, 15 seconds. Add spinach, and toss until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and add to mushroom mixture; toss to combine. Stir in pine nuts.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; top with spinach-mushroom mixture, dividing equally, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve sandwiches warm.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 330 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g