Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Because citrus and lots of greens are at their peak right now, winter salads such as this one provide a bright, early taste of spring. You can glaze the almonds, prep the oranges and make the dressing a day ahead.
To make Salad:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix oil and maple syrup in small bowl. Add almonds, and toss to coat; spread over baking dish, and bake, stirring occasionally, 12 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Let cool completely.
2. Peel oranges using sharp paring knife, removing white pith. Cut oranges lengthwise into quarters, then slice crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces.
3. Cut fennel lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into thin slices.
To make Dressing:
4. Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Combine spinach, oranges, fennel and dressing in large bowl; toss well. Divide among 8 plates, sprinkle with almonds and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 148
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g