Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The shiitakes shrivel and crisp as they roast and taste almost smoky.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- To make Spinach-Shiitake Salad: Toss mushrooms with 2 Tbs. oil and 2 Tbs. tamari. Put mushrooms on baking sheet, and bake, tossing once, 30 minutes or until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Cut disk off top and bottom of orange, then remove all peel and pith. Cut orange crosswise into 5 rings. Cut up rings by cutting between sections. Put mushrooms, orange pieces and spinach in serving bowl.
- To make Lemon-Rosemary Vinaigrette: Chop garlic, sprinkle with salt and, using flat side of knife, mash into paste. Transfer to bowl. Add rosemary, zest, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and remaining 1 Tbs. tamari. Thoroughly whisk in remaining 4 Tbs. oil. Add pepper to taste.
- Pour over salad, toss and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 650 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g