Spinach? In a smoothie? It makes sense when you know the dark, leafy greenis an excellent source of vitamins,fiber, and iron.
- 1/2-cup servingServings
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt or goat’s milk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Fill bowl with ice water. Set aside.
2. Cook spinach in large pot of boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes, or until just wilted. Transfer to ice water. Wring excess water from spinach with hands.
3. Purée spinach and apple juice in blender until smooth. Add apple, yogurt, parsley, and salt, and purée until smooth.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 86
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 459 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g