If using frozen, shelled edamame, precook 1 1/4 cups according to package directions. One ounce of dried shiitake mushrooms equals four ounces of fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- 1 1-oz. pkg. dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 6-oz. pkg. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 12 oz. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 10-oz. pkg. precooked, shelled edamame
- 1 Tbs. onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
1. Combine dried mushrooms with boiling water in small saucepan. Bring to a second boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. In medium-sized saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, scallions and carrots, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Drain and slice shiitake mushrooms, discarding soaking liquid. Reduce heat to medium, and add shiitake and cremini mushrooms and asparagus to pan. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add edamame, soup mix, water, marjoram and thyme. Mix thoroughly, and stir in mustard and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Reduce heat to low, and cook 6 minutes, or just until vegetables are tender.
- Serving Size: SERVES 8
- Calories: 96
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 308 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g