30 minutes or less
Meal plan: Prepare some angel hair pasta and stir in a little olive oil or butter and a small package of dried fruit bits.
- 8 oz. baby Yukon gold or small new potatoes
- 16 baby carrots, peeled
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cutinto 11/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 small radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen fava beans or baby lima beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes; add asparagus and snap peas and cook 2 minutes; add radishes and cook 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- In deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in scallions, fava beans, cooked potatoes and blanched vegetables. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in parsley, lemon juice tarragon, salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for several minutes. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 273
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 549 mg