For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Feel free to add or substitute your favorite in-season vegetables to this springtime salad.
1. Place the goji berries into a small bowl and pour the hot water over them. Steep for 30 minutes or longer until the berries are plump. Strain the berries for the salad. (Reserve the soak water for yourself to enjoy later—it makes a lovely cup of tea.)
2. In a large salad bowl, toss together the greens, sunflower sprouts, radishes, soaked goji berries, and herbs. When ready to serve, gently toss with as much ginger dressing (recipe below) as desired, using your fingertips to mix together to avoid bruising the greens. Sprinkle with flower petals for decoration, if desired, and serve immediately.
1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Makes 2/3 cup. Will keep for about a week when refrigerated.
Reprinted from Superfood Kitchen by Julie Morris, with the permission of Sterling Publishing.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g