This fresh take on a classic is a perfect side to bring to a cookout.
- 1 cup sprouted mung beans
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, julienned
- 1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
Sprout in advance
Sprout mung beans following directions here.
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, and mustard until creamy. Add minced tarragon, and season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; blanch green beans for 1-2 minutes. Dunk in a bowl of ice water to cool; drain, and place in a serving bowl. Add sprouted mung beans, red beans, chickpeas, and scallions. Dress, season with salt and pepper, and toss to mix. Chill in the refrigerator. Just before serving, gently fold in tomatoes and feta.