Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Accented with an aromatic sauce flavored with a bit of maple syrup, this delicious, nutrition-packed stir-fry is sure to become a family favorite. Once you’ve assembled and prepared all the ingredients, it will take you less than 10 minutes to cook.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Fill large bowl with ice-cold water. Meanwhile, make sauce: In small bowl, whisk together tamari, maple syrup, vinegar, pepper flakes and 1 1/4 cups water until well combined. Set aside.
- In a cup, whisk together arrowroot and 1/4 cup water; set aside. Add broccoli and tofu to boiling water and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, plunge into bowl of ice water 5 to 10 seconds to stop cooking, and drain well. Set aside.
- In nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet, heat sesame and vegetable oils over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add leek, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add squash and mushrooms and stir-fry until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to wok. Increase heat to high, cover and cook until simmering, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir arrowroot mixture to recombine, then add to wok and stir-fry until sauce is glossy, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and reserved broccoli and tofu and stir-fry until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 232
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 660 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g