This most impressiveand deliciousbombe contains a layer of strawberry sorbet and a layer of ice cream mixed with crushed amaretti cookies.
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet
- 4 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup amaretti cookie crumbs, about 11 small cookies, or vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 Tbs. almond-flavored liqueur (amaretto)
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Chill 5-cup metal bowl or bombe mold. Press sorbet into bottom and up sides of bowl or mold. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Place ice cream in large bowl. Gently fold in cookie crumbs, amaretto and grated chocolate. Spoon ice cream mixture into center of sorbet. Cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- To serve, dip mold into hot water for a few seconds. Place plate upside- down on top of mold and invert onto plate. Garnish bombe with whole or sliced fresh strawberries.
- Serving Size: 10 Servings
- Calories: 197
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 26 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg