Here’s a spectacularly simple dessert. Choose larger strawberries to match the size of the star fruit slices, and alternate them on serving plates or a pretty platter. Star fruit tastes best when it’s yellow in color, with hints of green.
- 2 star fruit (carambola)
- 1 pt. large fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs. lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. grated lime or lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. agave syrup or superfine sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
1. Use vegetable peeler to remove brown edges of star fruit; remove stems from strawberries. Thinly slice star fruit crosswise with sharp knife or mandoline, discarding seeds; stand strawberries on stem ends, and cut into thin slices with knife. Arrange fruits on serving plates.
2. Combine mint, lime juice, lime zest, agave syrup, and salt in blender or mini food processor; blend until mint is puréed. With motor running, slowly pour in oil. Spoon over carpaccio. Serve at room temperature, or slightly chilled.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 109
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 40 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g