Here’s a cool, fat-free and refreshing treat.
- 1 16-oz. pkg. frozen strawberries, well-drained, or 1 qt. fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Place a metal 10-inch cake pan in freezer. Combine strawberries, lime juice and evaporated cane juice in a food processor, and blend until cane juice has dissolved. Add ice, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to cake pan, cover and freeze until frozen around edges but still soft in center, about 1 hour. Stir mixture, spoon into dessert cups and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 99
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g