Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You can prepare the crust and rhubarb filling a day before you plan to serve this tart. Simply wrap the baked crust in foil, and place the rhubarb filling in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk together flours, 1 Tbs. sugar, and salt in large bowl. Add oil; blend until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add 1/4 cup ice water; stir until dough just comes together. Transfer dough to large piece of wax paper; shape into flattened disk. Place another piece of wax paper over dough, and roll out dough—lifting wax paper as necessary—until you have 14-inch round.
3. Transfer dough to 12-inch fluted-edge tart pan with removable bottom. Gently press dough into pan, using excess dough to patch thin spots and bulk up fluted edges. Poke holes inbottom of dough and along edges with fork. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
4. Combine rhubarb, remaining 11/4 cups sugar, orange juice, and orange zest in saucepan, and heat over medium-low heat. Once rhubarb releases juice, bring mixture to a simmer overmedium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 40 minutes, or until mixture is thick and jam-like, stirring often. Transfer to bowl to cool.
5. Spread rhubarb mixture over bottom of tart. Arrange strawberries, stem-side down, over tart, beginning with outside edge and working your way in.
6. Melt apricot jam in small saucepan over low heat. Generously brush jam over strawberries and around
edges of tart with pastry brush. Transfer remaining jam to medium bowl to cool. Whisk cooled jam into yogurt. Cut tart into 12 slices, and serve with apricot cream.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 301
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 26 mg
- Sugar Content 38 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g