Thanks to the chilling effect of frozen strawberries, this recipe freezes faster than other homemade ice creams. The strawberry jam makes a beautiful swirl of sweetness, but you can leave it out if you prefer.
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen strawberries
- 6 oz. silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup plain soy creamer
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup all-fruit strawberry jam
- Purée strawberries and tofu in blender or food processor until smooth. Add soy creamer, agave nectar, vanilla, and lemon zest; purée until smooth.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is ready, swirl in strawberry jam while machine paddles are still going, then serve, or transfer to tub to freeze.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg
- Sugar Content: 30 g