Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
When you’re in a rush, this homemade treat can be made portable. Just cut the finished toast in four squares and wrap them in foil.
- Spread 1 tablespoon apple butter on each of 4 slices bread. Cover with second slice of bread. Place sandwiches in 13 x 9-inch baking pan or other shallow dish large enough to hold them in one layer.
- In small bowl, beat egg and egg whites. Beat in soy milk and cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over sandwiched bread. Soak 2 minutes. Turn and let soak 2 minutes more.
- Generously coat nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Cooking in two batches if necessary, arrange sandwiches in one layer. Cook until underside is browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and brown the second side, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve, accompanied by warmed maple syrup or sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 247 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g